Happy Thursday, all!
I was recently tagged by the lovely Jasmine (Jasmine’s Reading Blog) to take a stab at the fun 3 Quotes, 3 Days tag that’s making its rounds. Thanks again for the love!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Post a quote for 3 consecutive days (1 quote for each day)
- Nominate three new bloggers each day
But sometimes, unexpectedly, grief pounded over me in waves that left me gasping; and when the waves washed back, I found myself looking out over a brackish wreck which was illumined in a light so lucid, so heartsick and empty, that I could hardly remember that the world had ever been anything but dead.
~ Donna Tartt
I don’t have a special emotional connection to this quote beyond the fact that it’s gorgeous? I completely paused everything when I read it for the first time in Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch and had to text it, completely out of context, to a good handful of my friends just to say LOOK AT THESE PRETTY WORDS.
Are there any quotes that have prompted a similar immediate drop-everything reaction from you?
I’m tagging …
- Priscilla| Vicariously & Voraciously
- Alysha | Floral Reads
- (only if you want to, of course!) … and anyone who wants to give this a go!